How to Clean Wrought Iron Patio Furniture
Wrought iron patio furniture adds rustic charm to your outdoor space. Like all other types of metal patio furniture, however, wrought iron will rust over time if not cared for properly. Whether you own a wrought iron patio set or an individual piece, all wrought iron furniture will require minor maintenance. This wrought iron care and cleaning guide will help keep your wrought iron patio furniture looking beautiful for many seasons to come.
Wrought Iron Patio Furniture Care: Cleaning & Waxing
- We recommend cleaning and waxing wrought iron furniture at least one to two times per year (more frequently as needed).
- Thoroughly wash your wrought iron patio furniture with mild soap and water.
- Allow to completely air dry.
- Apply an automotive spray wax to your wrought iron patio set once or twice a year.
- Be sure to remove any grease spots left from suntan lotions or bug sprays as soon as possible to avoid iron discoloration.
- You might want to consider moving outdoor pieces inside during the winter or investing in furniture covers to keep wrought iron looking its best and extending its life span.
Painting and Removing Rust from Wrought Iron
Over normal usage, it's not uncommon for your wrought iron furniture to develop scratches or chips from daily use. If your wrought iron patio furniture does experience mild rusting, follow these easy steps to make your furniture look new again:
- Wash the affected area with soap and water.
- Allow the area to dry fully.
- Using a medium weight sandpaper, smooth out the scratched or rusted area.
- Apply a matching touch-up paint designed for metal materials, which will help guard against rust.
View on BBQGuys.com