Wrought iron patio furniture adds rustic charm to your outdoor space. Like all other types of metal patio furniture, however, wrought iron will rust over time if not cared for properly. Whether a dining set or serving cart, all wrought iron furniture will require minor maintenance. Use this wrought iron care and cleaning guide to keep your wrought iron patio furniture durable and beautiful.
Wrought Iron Patio Furniture Care: Cleaning & Waxing
- Wash your wrought iron patio furniture with mild soap and water
- Allow to air dry
- Applying wax will give your wrought iron some added protection against the elements.
- Apply an automotive spray wax to your wrought iron patio set once or twice a year.
- Remove any grease spots left from suntan lotions or bug sprays as soon as possible so as not to discolor the iron.
Consider using furniture covers or placing your wrought iron patio furniture indoors during the winter months to extend the life of your outdoor furniture set.
Painting and Removing Rust from Wrought Iron
Over time, your wrought iron furniture will more than likely be scratched or chipped due to normal wear and tear. If your wrought iron patio furniture does experience mild rusting, you should:
- Wash the rusted area with soap and water
- Allow the area to dry
- Remove the rust with a medium sandpaper
- Reapply some touch-up paint
View on BBQGuys.com