Ultimate French Toast Breakfast Sandwich Recipe with Bacon Syrup
By Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
Start your day off right with a homemade french toast breakfast sandwich, stuffed with bacon, eggs, and cheese... did we mention it is topped with bacon infused syrup? In this recipe, you'll learn how to make a perfect french toast batter, and then we take the french toast, bacon, and eggs to the Lynx Asado griddle to create the epic sweet and salty breakfast sandwich! After assembling the sandwich, we arrive at the moral of the story: breakfast is just not complete without a drizzle of bacon infused syrup on top.
|SERVES 8||PREP 15 min||COOK 30 min||READY IN 45 min|
- French Toast:
- 2 loaves country white bread
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 cups half & half
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 stick butter (barely melted & cooled)
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tsp tapioca starch / corn starch
- For Building Sandwiches:
- 1 lb. bacon
- 1 dozen eggs
- 8 slices colby jack cheese
- Bacon Infused Syrup:
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 pinches coarse salt
- Cut bread into 2 inch thick slices and place in a 300°F oven for 5-10 minutes to allow it to crisp up.
- Rest bread slices in a pan while you prep the french toast batter.
- Sift corn starch and confectioners sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Allow remaining batter ingredients to come up to room temperature before blending.
- Place egg yolks and whole eggs in a bowl, and whisk together.
- Add vanilla extract to eggs, then whisk egg mixture into the mixing bowl with the confectioners sugar and corn starch.
- Finish batter by whisking in honey, melted butter, and half & half.
- Dunk slices of toast in batter, making sure to coat both sides well.
- Heat up griddle or pan to medium-high heat and coat with butter.
- Grill french toast 1-2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Remove french toast and cook bacon until crispy.
- Reserve a little bacon grease, and scramble eggs for sandwich.
- Assemble sandwich with french toast, eggs, bacon, cheese, and top with bacon syrup and powdered sugar.
- Serve, and enjoy!
- Cook bacon and remove to pan to cool, pat dry with paper towels and dice into bits.
- In a sauce pot, heat up maple syrup over medium-low heat.
- Stir in bacon bits and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove bacon syrup from heat and allow to cool before leaving in refrigerator overnight to infuse.
Items Used In This Recipe
View on BBQGuys.com