Grilled Peach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Tired of the same old sad salads? Then fire up your charcoal pit and get ready to experience the heavenly sweet-and-savory mix of this grilled peach salad recipe! Incredibly quick and easy to make, you’ll be feasting on beautifully caramelized peaches and homemade balsamic vinaigrette in 20 minutes at most. Top the salad with your choice of goat cheese or bleu cheese — as we say around here, to peach their own — and toss in some fennel seeds if you’re feeling particularly fancy.
|SERVES 2-4||PREP 10 minutes||COOK 6-10 minutes|
- Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Spoonful Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- For the Salad:
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 white peaches
- Fresh mixed greens with arugula
- Package of quality goat cheese or bleu cheese crumbles
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds (optional)
- Items You’ll Need:
- Charcoal Grill
- Lump Charcoal
- Charcoal Starter
Balsamic Vinaigrette Directions
- Using hand mixer, blend vinegar, mustard, basil, salt and pepper. Remember to mix only for a brief period of time. We do not want a thick creamy consistency.
- Yields about a cup of vinaigrette.
- Coat the peach halves with the olive oil.
- Over medium charcoal heat, grill peaches for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 min.
- Slice peaches and place on a bed of the mixed greens and drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette.
- Toss some cheese crumbles and fennel seeds on top and enjoy!
View on BBQGuys.com