Fiesta Lime Chicken from Christie Vanover
You can create a fiesta any night of the week with this fiesta lime chicken recipe from pitmaster Christie Vanover of Girls Can Grill. The chicken is marinated in a bath of tequila, lime juice and umami flavors. Then it’s seared up on a griddle and topped with taco ranch sauce and pepper jack cheese. To make it a quick meal, serve it on a bed of packaged Spanish rice that can be heated up on the griddle right next to the chicken.
|SERVES 4||PREP 4 hrs||COOK 15 mins||READY IN 4 hrs 15 mins|
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- For the Tequila Lime Marinade:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp tequila
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- For the Taco Ranch Sauce:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp ranch seasoning
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- For the Finishing Touches:
- 4 pepper jack cheese slices
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup tortilla strips
- 2 pouches pre-cooked Spanish rice
- Items You'll Need:
- EVO Griddle
- Pound the chicken with a meat mallet, so the thickness is even.
- Combine the marinade ingredients. Place in a zip-top bag or bowl with the chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- While the chicken is marinating, combine the sauce ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat griddle to medium heat (425-450F degrees). Drizzle with canola oil.
- Place the chicken breasts on the oiled griddle. Cook for 4 minutes. Flip. Cook for 4 more minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the packages of pre-cooked Spanish rice to the griddle. Toss with spatulas to heat.
- Spoon the ranch sauce onto each chicken breast and top with a slice of pepper jack cheese. Finish cooking until the cheese is melted and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F degrees.
- Remove from the griddle and garnish with pico de gallo and tortilla strips. Serve with Spanish rice.
View on BBQGuys.com