Creamy Lemon Basil Pasta With Shrimp Recipe
By Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
This creamy pasta is delicious with either shrimp or chicken, and features tons of fresh herbs and a great citrus taste. This pasta recipe was featured in the "Last Minute Get Together" episode of Entertaining with Chef Tony.
|PREP 10 mins||COOK 10 mins||READY IN 20 mins|
- 1 Lb Penne Pasta
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Lb Shrimp or Chicken
- 1/4 Cup Sundried Tomatoes (In Olive Oil)
- 1/4 Cup White Wine
- 1 TB Capers
- 1 Each Lemon Zest
- 5 Cloves Roasted Garlic
- 5 Tsp Coarse Salt
- 2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 TB Fresh Basil
- 1 Tsp Fresh Oregano
- 1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Goat Cheese
- 1 TB Garlic Infused Oil
- Put pasta in a pot of boiling water with 2 teaspoons of coarse salt.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the regular olive oil, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon coarse salt, and cayenne pepper. Once blended, add shrimp to marinade and toss well to coat.
- Coat the bottom of a large pan with olive oil and set over a medium high burner. Add shrimp and cook until pink and translucent, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine, then add capers, sun dried tomatoes, and (optionally) garlic infused oil.
- Put roasted garlic cloves in a small bowl with 1 teaspoon of coarse salt and smash into a paste with the back of a spoon, then add to the pan.
- Cook garlic for about 45 seconds, then whisk in the coconut milk. Sprinkle in the black pepper and remaining coarse salt.
- Stir in the fresh chopped herbs, lemon zest, and goat cheese until blended. Fold the shrimp back into the sauce followed by the pasta, tossing well to coat.
- Top with half of the fresh grated parmesan cheese and serve from the pan or pour into a serving platter. Top with the reserved parmesan cheese, garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy!
Read more articles by Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
View on BBQGuys.com