Chipotle Candied Bacon Recipe
By Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
You've heard the expression, "Bacon is meat candy." Well, we took it a step further and created candied bacon. The hardest part about this recipe is waiting for it to cool down before you dive head first into the bacon goodness.
|PREP 5 mins||COOK 40 mins||READY IN 45 mins|
- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine dark Brown Sugar, Chipotle Chili Powder, and Cinnamon. Blend well and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Place the bacon on a cooling rack inside of a sheet pan, so that the grease can drain while cooking.
- Bake the bacon for about 30 minutes, remove and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper in a pan and sprinkle some of the brown sugar mixture across it. Lay the bacon flat across the sugar mixture, so that the undersides get coated.
- Sprinkle the rest of the sugar mixture on the top side of the bacon. Rub the sugar mixture into the bacon pieces so that they are evenly coated.
- Place the coated bacon back onto the baking rack with the sheet pan underneath and bake for 8-12 more minutes.
- When the sugar granules are melted and bubbling remove from the oven.
- Cool slightly, and enjoy!
Read more articles by Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
View on BBQGuys.com