Char-Grilled Buffalo Oysters Recipe On The Half Shell
By Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
Perfect for parties, these delicious char-grilled oysters are easy to make and have a great kick! We use our Loftin ceramic oyster shells for this recipe, because they are reusable and allow us to buy pre-shucked oysters from the store, instead of having to shuck a bunch of fresh oysters and keep the shell. We grilled these oysters on a gas grill, but this same recipe would be great on a charcoal grill as well.
|SERVES 2 - 4||PREP 20 min||COOK 5 min||READY IN 25 min|
- 1 dozen raw shucked oysters
- 1 dozen Loftin ceramic oyster shells
(alternatively: keep 12 shucked oyster shells)
- Buffalo Marinade / Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp Frank's Original Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp minced parsley
- 1 each lemon zest
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Parsley & a fresh squeeze of lemon for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, add in Franks Hot Sauce, lemon juice, corn starch, and coarse salt. Whisk together.
- Add in black pepper, cayenne pepper, and honey.
- While whisking, drizzle in olive oil, followed by melted butter.
- Add oysters into sauce, and allow flavors to meld while you mix up bread crumb mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the breadcrumb ingredients together well.
- Add the oysters to the breadcrumb mixture and toss to coat well.
- Reserve buffalo sauce marinade for spooning into each shell before adding the oyster coated in breadcrumbs.
- Preheat your grill for direct high heat.
- Place the oysters on the grill and close the lid
- Allow the oysters to simmer in their shells for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the grill, plate them up on a bed of ice cream salt to prevent them from sliding around on the platter, garnish with some parsley and a fresh squeeze of lemon,and enjoy!
Items Used In This Recipe
View on BBQGuys.com