Smoked Fried Chicken Wings Recipe with Jay D's Barbecue Sauce
In this recipe, you'll learn how to make delicious, smoked chicken wings with crispy, flash-fried skin! I love the flavor smoked chicken wings have, but if you are like me, you also want crispy skin on your wings. We start out by smoking the wings with some pecan and cherry wood on our gas grill, then we slide our fryer basket accessory into the grill and flash fry the wings! Once fried, I finish the wings by tossing them in my buddy Jay D's Louisiana BBQ sauce. This recipe is a must try for your next party appetizer!
|SERVES 5 - 10||PREP 10 min||COOK 30 min||READY IN 40 min|
- 20 - 30 whole chicken wings
- Pecan and/or cherry wood chips or chunks (enough to fill smoker box)
- Creole seasoning blend, to taste (about 1 cup)
- 1 gallon peanut oil (for frying)
- 1/2 bottle Jay D's Louisiana Barbcecue Sauce
- Creole Seasoning Blend: (makes about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup dry basil
- 2 Tbsp dry thyme
- 1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp dry rubbed sage
- 1 Tbsp dry lemon peel
- Things You'll Need:
- Outdoor Deep Fryer
- Wood Chips or Chunks
- Remove chicken wing tips from your wings.
- Add wings to a large pan, coat with olive oil and creole seasoning blend.
- If the creole seasoning blend you are using does not have salt, add Kosher salt to taste.
- Load your smoker box with smoking wood.
- Turn smoker burner to high, and set the middle grill burner to low.
- Preheat your grill to around 350°F.
- Place chicken wings on warming rack of grill, close the lid and allow them to smoke for about 30 minutes.
- After the wings have smoked, remove them to a pan and cover while you preheat peanut oil for frying.
- Turn off smoker burner.
- Using the Alfresco fryer basket accessory, or a deep fryer, fill with peanut oil, leaving about 3 inches from the top of the fryer to prevent overflow, and heat the oil to 350°F.
- Flash fry your chicken wings for about 1 minute, until golden brown.
- Remove to a pan covered in a paper towel, and blot any excess oil from the wings.
- Add wings to a large mixing bowl and toss in Jay D's Louisiana Barbecue Sauce.
- Plate wings with optional ranch for dipping and celery and carrots.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Grillabilities: The Skills to Grill
How to Grill Chicken
Has overcooked or dry chicken ruined your past BBQs? Get the inside s-coop from our experts and achieve perfectly juicy grilled chicken every time!
How to Season Chicken
Grab some gloves and your favorite poultry seasoning, because we’re about to show you how to ensure every bite of your bird is bursting with flavor.
How to Marinate Meat
From vacuum-sealers to simple marinating in a bowl, our experts dish all the details on infusing flavor into meat. This could be your new secret weapon!
View on BBQGuys.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.