Grilled Balsamic Chicken Thighs with Cucumber & Radish Salad from Laura Miner
This one comes in from our friend Laura Miner, the “Cook At Home Mom”! Laura focuses on simple, healthful recipes just like this dish. Her Whole30® recipe for grilled balsamic chicken thighs with cucumber & radish salad is not only great for a light, delicious meal, but friendly to just about any budget. With enough to serve friends and family, your chicken will finish with a satisfyingly crispy bite and is nicely complemented with the crunchy veggie salad tossed in citrus & herb dressing. Shop Blaze Gas Grills
|PREP 24 hours||COOK 40-60 min||READY IN 25 hours||SERVES 4-6 people|
- 2–4 lbs chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- For the Marinade:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp basil, dried
- For the Salad:
- 6-8 radishes
- 1 cucumber or 3-4 mini cucumbers
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 8-12 basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Things You'll Need:
- Blaze Gas Grill or another Gas Grill
- Whisk together all the marinade ingredients and pour over the chicken, turning to coat. Cover and allow it to marinate for up to 24 hours, turning twice at roughly equal intervals. Pro-tip: chicken thighs often have a lot of extra skin on them — consider trimming it off to prevent the hanging skin from causing flare-ups.
- Preheat your grill to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While preheating, thinly slice or chiffonade the basil leaves, radishes, and cucumbers, and press the garlic. Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil leaves and salt and pepper. Feel free to taste test here.
- When the grill’s ready, place the chicken thighs skin side down. Grill for about 8–10 minutes, until you find nice grill marks (and the skin begins to easily release from the hot grates).
- Flip the chicken and close the hood. Allow the thighs to cook for about 18–20 more minutes. The juices should run clear, and the internal temp should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Turn them again, if necessary, to avoid burning.
- When the chicken is ready to serve, pour the dressing over your sliced radish and cucumber. Slice the avocado and gently toss it into the salad.
- Serve together, garnished with extra basil leaves and cracked pepper!
Laura is the recipe creator and foodie behind the healthy living blog Cook at Home Mom. She lives in Lynchburg, VA with her husband and three kids. Her recipes celebrate real, whole foods, without ever sacrificing flavor or fun.
Grillabilities: The Skills to Grill
How to Grill Chicken
Has overcooked or dry chicken ruined your past BBQs? Get the inside s-coop from our experts and achieve perfectly juicy grilled chicken every time!
How to Season Chicken
Grab some gloves and your favorite poultry seasoning, because we’re about to show you how to ensure every bite of your bird is bursting with flavor.
How to Marinate Meat
From vacuum-sealers to simple marinating in a bowl, our experts dish all the details on infusing flavor into meat. This could be your new secret weapon!
View on BBQGuys.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.