Tequila Lime Chargrilled Oysters
Chargrilled oysters are a delight in their own right, but adding a compound butter to the mix is just what you need to dazzle guests the next time seafood is on the menu. With tequila and lime adding a punch to the compound butter, it’s a perfect complement to the oysters and lump crab meat. (Wait, did we forget to mention the crab meat upfront? Oh yeah, there’s crab meat in here, too.) Everything gets topped with a tasty panko breadcrumb and fontina cheese blend, making for a harmonious dish that’s as easy to share at the tailgate as it is in the backyard.
|PREP 35 min||COOK 3 - 5 min||READY IN 40 min|
- Ingredients for Oysters:
- 2 dozen in the shell oysters (shucked)
- ½ lb jumbo lump crab meat
- Ingredients for Tequila, Cilantro, and Lime Compound Butter:
- ¾ lb softened, unsalted butter
- 2 serrano peppers (seeded & minced)
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 clove fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp silver tequila
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Ingredients for Breadcrumb Cheese Topping:
- ¾ cup fontina cheese (finely shredded)
- 1 ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp creole seasoning
- Primo Kamado
- To make the Tequila, Cilantro, and Lime Compound Butter, give the butter time to soften. Using a rubber spatula, fold all Compound Butter ingredients together.
- Once the ingredients are fully incorporated, lay out about 2 ft. of plastic wrap.
- Spoon the butter mixture onto the center of the plastic wrap and roll into a log.
- Twist the ends of the plastic wrap to seal and place it in the refrigerator to harden.
- To make the Chargrilled Oysters, preheat grill to high heat.
- Once the oysters have been shucked, make sure to scrape the muscle from the shell so that the oysters will easily slide off the shell.
- With your oysters on the half shell spread out, top them in this order: pinch of the breadcrumb mixture, ¼ inch thick slice of the compound butter, lump crab meat (as much as you want!), and one last pinch of the breadcrumb mixture.
- Grill over high heat for 3-5 minutes or until the butter has melted and the breadcrumbs have browned. This shouldn’t take very long!
- Serve with crostini bread and enjoy!
Grillabilities : The Skills to Grill
Choosing the Right Charcoal for Your Grill
Learn about the types of charcoal available and what is the best charcoal for your grill.
How to Use a Charcoal Chimney
A charcoal chimney is one of the best methods of lighting charcoal - quick, easy & chemical-free!
How to Use a Grill Brush
Keeping your grill's grates clean of gunk & burnt-on waste results in the best possible flavor when you next grill.
View on BBQGuys.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.