Grilled Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
We use the KettlePizza attachment to make a crispy crust pizza on our kettle grill. The cool blue cheese crumbles and melty mozzarella cheese are a perfect complement to the spicy buffalo sauce!
|SERVES 4-6||PREP 20min||COOK 10 min||READY IN 30 min|
- Chicken marinade:
- 1/4 cup Frank's Original RedHot Sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, pasted
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 chicken breast filets, halved
- 1/2 cup Frank's Original RedHot Sauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup melted butter (unsalted)
- Pizza dough (watch the recipe video here)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Combine ingredients into mixing bowl and whisk well. Pour marinade over chicken, making sure to fully coat the meat. Set in refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- To make the sauce, blend the first four ingredients in a bowl and pour in melted butter while whisking constantly.
- Begin cooking chicken on your preheated grill. Cross-hatch after 2 minutes, flipping them 1 minute later. Remove chicken once both sides are browned.
- Allow chicken to cool down slightly, slice into strips across the grain and set aside.
- Preheat pizza stone and grill, dust pizza peel with cornmeal and spread out your dough.
- Baste top of your dough with sauce and remember to save some to toss your chicken in!
- Apply base layer of mozzarella cheese, add chicken and finally top with more shredded mozzarella and blue cheese crumbles.
- Throw a little cornmeal on pizza stone to prevent sticking and bake pizza at 600°F. Turn pizza after a few minutes and remove when crust is golden brown and cheese in center is melted.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Read more articles by Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
Grillabilities : The Skills to Grill
View on BBQGuys.com