Get ready to treat your taste buds to the ultimate delight with this Filet Mignon recipe. We're talking about a top-notch cut, perfectly seared and bursting with mouthwatering flavors. The perfect cut of steak for a romantic date night, every bite practically melts in your mouth.
- 2 Each Filet Mignon
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 Sprigs fresh rosemary
Items You'll Need
- Allow Filet Mignons to come to room temperature while you preheat your cast iron skillet in the oven to 450°F.
- Coat fillets with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper, rub in the seasoning on both sides.
- Remove your preheated skillet from the oven and place over a burner set to high. Coat skillet with remaining olive oil.
- Lay fillets in the pan, and add Thyme and Rosemary sprigs.
- While fillets sear, baste top side with Sprigs of Thyme and Rosemary.
- Once the bottom side of the steak has a nice sear and caramelization, loosen with a spatula and gently flip to the other side with tongs. Baste second side with herb sprigs.
- Sear for 1-2 minutes, until second side is seared, and transfer to a 450°F oven. Finish the steaks in the oven for 4-8 minutes depending on your desired doneness.
- Plate the steaks, and top with a knob of butter and a fresh sprig of thyme or rosemary.
- Allow the steaks to rest at least 5 minutes to retain maximum juices.
- Serve, and enjoy!
View on BBQGuys.com