Thai Style Beef Satays On A Gas Grill Recipe
By Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
Watch Chef Tony show you how to prepare and grill delicious, Thai style beef satays in this recipe. These satays are perfect for any party or tailgate.
|PREP 3 hours||COOK 6 mins||READY IN 3 hours|
- 6 lbs flank steak (1" strips)
- 4 each yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp coarse salt
- 2 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp coriander powder
- 1 Tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin powder
- 2 Tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 5 cloves garlic paste
- 3 inch piece fresh ginger root paste
- 1 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 each limes, freshly juiced
- 1 each oranges, freshly juiced
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- Enough water just to cover strips
- Start by making a purée of 3 onions, 5 cloves of garlic, and about 3" of ginger and pouring it into a mixing bowl.
- Next add in the rest of the marinade ingredients and whisk together.
- Slice 6 lbs of flank steak into 1 1/2" pieces across the grain and mix together with the marinade in a zip lock bag covering each piece with the marinade.
- Seal the bag making sure no air is left in the bag and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 2-8 hours. Also allow your 6" bamboo skewers to soak in water for a few hours to prevent the bamboo from flaring up while grilling.
- Once the beef is fully marinated, thread and weave each piece through your 6" bamboo skewers and allow them to sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Place each skewer diagonally across the grill preheated to medium-high heat (425°F) and allow them to grill for about 1 1/2 minutes. Turn them 45 degrees to cross-hatch for another 1 1/2 minutes. Now flip them over onto their other side and cook for another 2 1/2 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Read more articles by Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
View on BBQGuys.com