Working at BBQGuys
Who is BBQGuys?
Since 1998, we’ve served as the top grilling e-retailer and resource for those who were Born to Grill™. Though our headquarters are tucked away in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, we’ve long been a rapidly growing company with a national reach and workforce. Don’t just take our word for it — ask the people who keep track of that stuff! From the mid-2000s onward, we’ve been a mainstay on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies as well as Internet Retailer’s ranking of the nation’s Top 500 E-Retailers. We also picked up an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau along the way and have continued living up to that high standard for both our customers and employees.
The local and national recognition is nice, but what we really pride ourselves on is fostering a fun and fulfilling work environment. Just like you’d expect from a good BBQ, people from all walks of life will find a welcoming seat at our table. And there’s a role for just about everybody, too, from marketing and e-commerce positions to warehouse and sales staff. We even offer some remote work opportunities, because we believe location shouldn’t be a barrier for bringing the best people aboard.
Our Company Culture
We like to call this our secret sauce (yes, it’s BBQ-flavored). By uniting our team around the common goal of helping millions of people across America spend more time outdoors with their family, we’ve created a rewarding work environment that’s as casual as it is competitive. Our long-held mission and values resonate with every member of the BBQGuys family, allowing us to strike a perfect balance between workplace and community.
Here's what you can expect on a daily basis:
- Positive reinforcement and meaningful interactions in a family atmosphere
- Pride in working for a leading e-commerce company at the forefront of innovation
- Teamwork with passionate people focused on providing the best customer service
- Ongoing training and education aimed at improving your career for the long term
Our Employment Benefits
We’ll just rip the bandage off right now: no, we don’t sit around eating BBQ all day (though our grill masters have been known to bring some around the office after filming and testing grills). That being said, there are plenty of positives to working at BBQGuys. Our extensive benefits suite provides employees with exceptional perks that not only establish financial security, but also cultivate their personal and professional growth. See for yourself below!
- Employer retirement contribution
- Medical and GAP employer contribution
- Dental & Vision
- Supplemental insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive pay with annual reviews
- Parental leave
- Employee purchase discount after 90 days
- On-site cooks prepare free breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- Volunteer time off
- Open-Door Policy with executive team
- Annual Christmas party
- Employee Appreciation Day and Customer Service Appreciation Week
- On- and off-site training for professional development
- Paid Time Grilling program
- Break rooms with treadmills, massage chairs, and pool and foosball tables
- Game room with big-screen TVs, Netflix, and gaming systems
- Access to Ochsner Wellness Clinic
- Wellness-program rewards with gym discounts
- Partnership with credit union
- AT&T discount
- Free access to Uber services
- Internet access during breaks
We hope you learned a little about us, but now we’d love to hear from you! Few things get us fired up like hearing from motivated people who think they’ll excel as part of our family, so please reach out if we sound like a good fit. We offer a wide range of career opportunities — some remote — spanning several departments, meaning we likely have a spot for you. If anything, we just love meeting new people around the fire of a grill.
Paid Time Grilling
To provide our customers with honest and knowledgeable advice, we set aside time for our employees to get their hands dirty using our products. This Paid Time Grilling program allows our team to not only receive firsthand experience with grills of all kinds, but also to gain a greater appreciation for the art of grilling. They can then pass on their real-world insights to customers, who’ll be better equipped to make the right choice.
Hosting a BBQ requires a master mix of work and play: putting in the effort to make sure everyone is taken care of, then kicking back with the people you care about. So it is within our walls, where we occasionally break from hustle and bustle to have a little fun. Most notable are the annual Halloween costume contests that foster some friendly competition, and our downright legendary Christmas parties with catered food and live music.
View on BBQGuys.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.