Brazilian Flank Steak with Homemade Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
By Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
Add a little flare to your grilling with this Brazilian style steak recipe with a fresh chimichurri sauce drizzled on top. In this recipe, you'll learn to make a great steak marinade & a zesty chimichurri sauce that will perfectly complement your seared flank steak. This recipe is ideal as either an appetizer, or entree at dinner parties and family gatherings!
|SERVES 4||PREP 1 hour||MARINADE 1 - 8 hours||COOK 10 min|
- Steak Marinade:
- 4 lbs beef skirt, flank, or sirloin steak
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed into a paste
- 1 Tbsp coarse salt
- 1 each yellow onion, minced
- 1 tsp thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 each lemon peel, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
- Chimichurri Sauce:
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 each shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 4 cloves garlic paste
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1-2 each jalapeño, seeded and minced
- Things You'll Need:
- USA Premium Cuts Steak
- Add all marinade ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- In a gallon size zip top bag, or large mixing bowl, add in your flank steaks and toss to coat evenly in the marinade.
- Place steaks in refrigerator to marinade for 1 to 8 hours.
- For the chimichurri, blend all ingredients together until it is a sauce consistency.
- Refrigerate chimichurri until needed.
- Once steaks have marinaded, remove from fridge and allow them to reach room temperature before grilling.
- Preheat your grill for direct high heat for 10 minutes.
- Sear steaks for 2 minutes, turn them to cross-hatch and sear for another 2 minutes.
- Flip steaks and grill for 2 minutes before cross-hatching and allowing them to sear another 2 minutes.
- Remove steaks and allow them to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice flank steaks in thin slices across the grain.
- Plate with chimichurri on the side, or drizzle some over the sliced steak.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Grillabilities : The Skills to Grill
View on BBQGuys.com