Greek Chicken Salad from Cook at Home Mom
BBQGuys is excited to share Whole30® recipes from our friend and lifestyle blogger Laura Miner, aka “Cook At Home Mom”! Her Whole30 ® recipe for Greek Chicken Salad is an old favorite. “Years ago, I used to work right next door to a great Greek restaurant, and I’d wait my whole shift to go and pick up my favorite thing on their menu - a big, fresh salad with chicken breast on top. Nowadays, I make this Whole30 ® version and it has all those delicious elements I used to love - lots of crunchy veggies, grilled eggplant, and plenty of fresh oregano."
|SERVES 4||PREP 40 minutes||COOK 22 min|
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 green pepper
- 1 medium cucumber
- ½ cup olives
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 small eggplant, sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. Chopped fresh oregano
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- Things You'll Need:
- Gas Grill
- Whisk together all the marinade ingredients
- Drizzle half over the chicken and use as a marinade, covering and refrigerating for at least 30 minutes
- Grill the chicken breasts over medium heat for about 5 minutes, then flip and grill for another 5 minutes, until cooked through
- Preheat your grill to medium heat and lay the chicken skin side down
- Set aside as you prepare the salad
- Wash and chop the lettuce
- Dice the green pepper, slice the cucumber, and quarter the tomatoes
- Grate the carrots or use a vegetable peeler to slice into ribbons
- Slice the eggplant, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, and grill along with the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side
Grillabilities: The Skills to Grill
How to Grill Chicken
Has overcooked or dry chicken ruined your past BBQs? Get the inside s-coop from our experts and achieve perfectly juicy grilled chicken every time!
How to Season Chicken
Grab some gloves and your favorite poultry seasoning, because we’re about to show you how to ensure every bite of your bird is bursting with flavor.
How to Marinate Meat
From vacuum-sealers to simple marinating in a bowl, our experts dish all the details on infusing flavor into meat. This could be your new secret weapon!
View on BBQGuys.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.