Grilled Carne Asada Tacos
Amazing grilled carne asada tacos are just minutes away. This simple, bold marinade for flank steak by our friend Brad Prose is packed with flavor. Toss in the beef rub and citrus juices, and you’re practically ready to go. High-heat over the coals creates a crispy crust while locking in juicy flavors, the best of both worlds when you dice it up for tacos. Keep it simple with toppings and crack a cold one, it’s time to eat.
Ingredients for Tacos
- 2 lb flank steak
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp beef rub
- ½ cup diced white onion
- ½ cup diced cilantro
- 1 cup salsa
- 12 corn tortillas
Items You'll Need
- Place the flank steak in a re-sealable plastic bag. Pour in the orange juice, lime juice, and salt. Mix everything around and remove as much air as possible before sealing the bag shut. Allow the steak to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Preheat a grill for direct grilling of at least 450°F. Clean the grates as needed.
- Remove the steak from the bag and pat it dry. Apply the beef rub generously on both sides, patting the seasoning into the meat.
- Grill the steak directly over the coals. Flip every 2 minutes, building a nice crust on the outside. Clean the grates as needed between flips. Cook until the meat is about 10 degrees before target temperature, 125-130°F for a target of medium-rare.
- Allow the meat to rest on a baking sheet with loosely tented foil for about 10 minutes. Dice up the onion and cilantro while the steak is resting.
- Warm up the tortillas and serve the tacos with the cubed steak, toppings, and salsa. Cheers!
View on BBQGuys.com