Bacon Wrapped Delicata Squash Rings from Christie Vanover
Looking for a new side dish or appetizer for fall? These delicata squash rings created by pitmaster Christie Vanover of Girls Can Grill will have everyone eating their vegetables. The buttery squash is wrapped with bacon and seasoned with BBQ Guys signature sweet and savory Kansas City Rub. After an hour on the grill, the bacon will become nice and crispy and ready for a maple glaze that puts this dish over the top.
|SERVES 18 rings||PREP 30 mins||COOK 1 hr 15 mins||READY IN 1 hr 45 mins|
- Heat your grill or smoker to 300F degrees with an indirect heat zone.
- Wash the squash. Slice off both ends and discard. Slice the squash into 1/2-inch thick slices. Using a spoon or knife, remove the seeds from the center and discard.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each ring. Season both sides lightly with rub.
- Place the rings onto the grill over indirect heat. Cook for 30 minutes. Flip. Cook for 30 more minutes.
- After they’ve been on the grill for one hour, brush maple syrup on top and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from the grill and enjoy!
View on BBQGuys.com