Easy Weeknight Smoked Chicken Tortellini
Whip up an easy weeknight meal that tastes as luxurious as the longest of weekends. Christie Vanover of Girls Can Grill created this delicious recipe using leftover smoked chicken mixed with fresh pasta and pre-made sauces. Everything is then combined with fresh veggies and a generous blend of cheese to create a full meal in a skillet that smokes up in just 45 minutes.
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 20 oz fresh tortellini (family size)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 15 oz alfredo sauce
- 7 oz pesto sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
Items You'll Need
- Heat your smoker to 275°F degrees with an indirect heat zone.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, fresh tortellini, spinach, tomatoes, alfredo sauce, pesto sauce and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Pour into a large cast iron skillet or casserole dish and spread out evenly.
- Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and ½ cup parmesan cheese.
- Place the skillet on the grill and cook for 45 minutes or until the edges are nice and bubbly and the internal temperature of the pasta is 160°F.
View on BBQGuys.com