Best Charcoal Grills for 2023
Top Rated Charcoal Grills
Charcoal grills are the masters of everything from mouthwateringly tender low-and-slow brisket to juicy, smoky, fall-off-the-bone ribs. With the right grill in your outdoor kitchen, you, too, can be a master — a grill master, smoking your competition. From modern smokers to historic kamados, the world of charcoal grilling is a wide one indeed. Our private experts have put their heads together to provide this list of their best-in-class charcoal choices based on their quality, performance, and features.
Quality - When judging charcoal grills, our experts look for quality construction with great warranties and the best materials around. For charcoal grills, this usually means stainless steel — thanks to its superior high heat handling and weathering resistance. These models should feel solid as a stone; freestanding grills should enjoy sturdy wheels and easy mobility.
Performance - With charcoal grills, versatility is key. The best charcoal grills reach any reasonable temperature — from the smoking sweet spot of 225–250 degrees Fahrenheit to that perfect sear at 600 degrees (or higher). Airflow gives you the reins to this steed, so its control must be absolute while effortless.
Features - Charcoal grill manufacturers must work much harder to distinguish themselves from the market. For freestanding models, an ideal bonus could be a quality cart with convenient built-in perks like storage, towel racks, and bottle openers. We will always love a charcoal grill with a great thermometer near grate level.
Best Freestanding Charcoal Grills
What We Love:
- Fast Flame Ignition System ignites the charcoals in 10 minutes making startup simple and quick
- Built-In Rotiscope Technology rotisserie with multi-level height adjustment gives you extra cooking versatility
- Cool to touch chrome handles allow you to remove grill grates for easy reloading of charcoal
Best Built-In Charcoal Grills
What We Love:
- Best in class Lifetime warranty keeps you free of worry for the life of the grill
- Heavy-duty 304 stainless steel construction creates a long lasting, durable product
- Adjustable height charcoal tray give you more freedom to adjust temperatures on the fly
Best Kettle Charcoal Grills
Best Argentinian Style Charcoal Grills
What We Love:
- 4 different cooking areas give you a variety of cooking options in one grill
- Interchangeable griddle increases the versatility even further, giving you a place to cook fish and veggies
- Included meat hooks set you up for low and slow cooking or smoking
Best Portable Charcoal Grills
View on BBQGuys.com