Pan-Seared Bacon Butter Garlic Scallops
Pan-seared scallops may seem like an intimidating and high-class dish, but it actually doesn’t take much to get those savory, buttery flavors right at home in a cast iron skillet. A splash of lemon at the end adds a pleasant hint of acidity, and what better garnish is there than fried bacon?
|PREP 10 min||COOK 3-5 min||READY IN 15 min||Serves 1 person|
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 4 strips of thick-cut bacon
- 5 sea scallops
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Mince the 2 garlic cloves and chop around 1 tbsp of parsley, then set aside.
- Preheat your grill to its highest heat setting, then place a cast iron skillet on the grill.
- Place 4 strips of bacon on the cast iron and cook to your desired crispiness.
- While your bacon cooks, season both sides of your scallops with the kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Once your bacon has finished cooking, remove it from the skillet.
- Chop the bacon to use as garnish.
- Place your seasoned scallops into the bacon-greased skillet.
- Let the scallops cook for around 2 minutes on one side.
- Turn each scallop over. They should be a nicely seared, brown color.
- Add freshly chopped garlic and unsalted butter to the cast iron skillet.
- After 2 more minutes of cooking on this side, give the scallops a quick flip so the other side can pick up a hit of butter and garlic.
- Remove the scallops from the skillet and plate them.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and chopped bacon.
- Cut a lemon in half, then squeeze the juices from 1 half over the scallops. All that’s left to do is enjoy!
View on BBQGuys.com