Baileys Hot Chocolate Recipe
Let’s be honest: this isn’t just a perfect hot chocolate for the holidays, but one for pretty much any celebratory occasion. Thanks to a splash (or two, or three) of delicious Baileys licquer and topped with homemade whipped cream, this enhanced hot chocolate recipe makes for a simple and delicious spin on a traditional dessert drink — in fact, it makes four of them (or two rounds for a particularly festive pair). Now, if you’ll excuse us... we’re off to make our evening merry and bright!
|PREP 10 min||COOK 20 mins||READY IN 30 mins|
- Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. confectioners' sugar
- 2 tsp. Baileys Irish Cream
- Hot Chocolate:
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 oz. Baileys Irish Cream
- 6 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 8 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- First, prepare the whipped cream. Pour the chilled heavy cream into a mixing bowl. Whisk the cream on medium-high speed for a few minutes, until it reaches the soft peaks stage.
- Add the confectioners' sugar and blend it in. Add the Baileys into the mixture and continue whisking until it reaches the stiff peak stage.
- Place the whipped cream in the refrigerator now and prepare the hot chocolate.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar, cocoa powder, cayenne pepper & salt. Whisk to thoroughly combine and set aside.
- Pour the milk into a sauce pan over a medium low burner. Lightly whisk in the heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Add the cocoa/sugar mixture to the sauce pan. Whisk it in until it's completely incorporated. Now switch to a pour and stir occasionally.
- Bring the hot chocolate to a simmer and turn the burner off. Stir in the Baileys and place a lid on the sauce pan.
- Set up your cups and fill with the hot chocolate. Place a nice dollup of whipped cream on top.
- Dust with a little cocoa powder, serve and enjoy!
View on BBQGuys.com