Carne Asada Tacos Recipe
This Carne Asada Recipe is perfect for tailgating, camping, or grilling on the go. In this video, we show you how to prepare the skirt steak marinade used to flavor the tender steak, and after that, we take it to the grill! We grill on the Solaire Anywhere Portable grill, which is powered by an infrared burner. This grill is perfect for grilling on the go!
Ingredients for Steak
- 2 Lbs. Skirt or Flank Steak
Ingredients for Marinade
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1/3 Cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. cumin powder
- 1 Tbsp. coriander powder
- 1 Tbsp. dry Mexican Oregano
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp. white pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- Zest of 1 lime
- 4 Cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 of white onion, minched
- 3 green onions, diced
- 2 serrano peppers, diced
- 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
Ingredients for Tacos
- 10-12 tortillas
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 Lb. cotija cheese
- 1 head of lettuce
- 4 tomatoes, diced
Items You'll Need
Instructions for Steak
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all marinade ingredients, mix well.
- Season steak with kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
- In a large zip top bag, add about half the marinade, then put the skirt steak in, followed by the rest of the marinade on top.
- Place in refrigerator to marinate at least 4 hours - overnight.
- Prepare toppings for tacos, slice bell peppers to prepare for the grill.
- Once the steak is marinated, allow it to come to room temperature before grilling.
- Preheat Solaire Anywhere grill (or whatever grill you are using) for direct high heat.
- Roast bell peppers, and slice for topping tacos, set aside.
- Take skirt steak out of marinade, shake off excess marinade, place on grill.
- Grill for about 1.5 minutes, crosshatch steak.
- After another 1.5 minutes, flip steak to other side.
- Grill for another 1.5 minutes, crosshatch steak.
- After another 1.5 minutes, remove from grill and allow it to rest.
- If you want your steak cooked past medium temp, return it to the grill until cooked to desired doneness.
- Heat tortillas on grill while steak rests for 5 minutes.
- Slice skirt steak thin across the grain.
- Assemble tacos, serve, and enjoy!
View on BBQGuys.com