Blackened Chili Lime Salmon
With only a handful of basic ingredients and a cast iron skillet, you can make flavorful blackened salmon on the grill! This Mexican-inspired salmon recipe uses ingredients like chili powder and smoked paprika to spice things up — in fact, the seasoning blend is so good that we encourage you to try it on other frozen fish or even chicken.
|PREP 10 min||COOK 7-8 min||READY IN 18 min||Serves 1 person|
- One 6-oz salmon fillet
- 1½ tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- Lemon and lime wedges (for garnish)
- Cilantro rice (for garnish)
- Things You'll Need:
- Cast iron skillet
- Place a cast iron skillet on the grill grates and preheat your grill to high heat.
- While your grill is preheating, pat dry the salmon and use fish-bone pliers to make sure all bones are removed.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine coconut oil, chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, lime zest, and lime juice into a paste.
- Coat the meat side of the salmon with the paste.
- Place salmon on the skillet, meat side down. Let cook for 3½–4 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of the fillet.
- Serve as is or on a bed of cilantro rice, and garnish with wedges. Enjoy!
View on BBQGuys.com