Grilled Shrimp Fajitas with a Jalapeño Crema from Jacqueline Duffin
@bbqguys Cant go wrong with #ShrimpFajitas 🔥 #fyp #fajitas #shrimp #grilling #bbqfood #recipe #recipevideo #foodies #tortilla #bbqtok ♬ original sound - BBQGuys
These delicious and flavorful grilled shrimp fajitas from Jacqueline Duffin are easy to put together and cook in no time. Perfect if you’re stumped on your next Taco Tuesday. Making homemade fajita seasoning will give you flavor and heat control so you’ll no longer need to resort to buying packaged seasoning at the store again.
|SERVES 4 fajitas||PREP 10 mins||COOK 15 mins||READY IN 25 mins|
- For the Shrimp:
- 1 lb shrimp – shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil – divided
- 1 large white onion – sliced
- 2 bell peppers – sliced
- For the Fajita Seasoning:
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (increase to ½ if you prefer more spice)
- For the Crema:
- 1 large jalapeño
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about one lime)
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- Items You'll Need:
- Charcoal or Gas Grill
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Prep grill for direct heat at 375-400F (charcoal or gas) and add 9” cast iron skillet to grill while it’s preheating.
- Slice onions and bell peppers into even sized strips. Shell and devein shrimp then add onto skewers (wooden or metal) and coat with 1 tbsp oil and half of the fajita seasoning blend, set aside.
- Once grill has come to temperature (375-400F) and your cast iron pan is hot add 1 tbsp of oil and sliced onions and bell peppers. Add remainder of fajita seasoning to onions and peppers and stir occasionally. Cook for 7-10 minutes until softened and charred.
- Remove from heat and add your seasoned shrimp skewers to grill over direct heat. Cook for 2 minutes and flip and cook for another 2 minutes then remove from heat and add to skillet of cooked peppers and onions.
- For jalapeno crema add jalapeno, garlic clove, sour cream, lime juice and salt to a food processor or blender and mix on high for 1-2 minutes until it’s a smooth consistency.
- Serve shrimp fajitas with warm tortillas, salsa, and cotija cheese.
View on BBQGuys.com