What You Need to Know About Cleaning Your Outdoor TV
For football season, family movie nights, and more, outdoor TVs transform your backyard into a personal entertainment venue. They make a great addition to any space, but with all the dust, rain, and, well, weather outside, how do you clean an outdoor TV? We’ll go through the basics and best practices for keeping your TV good as new.
The first step is to always check your owner’s manual for specific cleaning instructions. There you’ll find the manufacturer’s recommendations for approved cleaning and polishing products and what chemicals to avoid. Second, investing in a dust cover for your outdoor TV will help keep it in great condition season after season.
Cleaning Your Outdoor TV
Once you’ve read the manual and you’re ready to start cleaning your TV, follow these steps. Remember to never spray your screen directly with any liquid, avoid using paper towels, and always use gentle pressure when cleaning.
- Unplug your TV.
- Check for hard debris and gently remove it.
- Using an anti-static microfiber cloth, gently wipe the flat screen in a circular motion to remove dust and smudges.
- If smudges persist, spray the cloth with a screen cleaner approved by the manufacturer and wipe the screen down again.
- Never use glass cleaner or other alcohol-based cleaners.
- Let the screen dry completely before plugging your TV back in.
It’s as simple as that! Repeat these steps as necessary over the course of your TV’s lifespan and you’ll get years of crystal-clear viewing for all your favorite backyard gatherings. When the TV is not in use, it’s best to keep it protected with a cover. While you’re cleaning, don’t forget to give your remote and outdoor speakers some TLC as well.
View on BBQGuys.com