Tin Roof Amber Ale Beer-Infused BBQ Sauce Recipe
>Do you love beer? Do you love Barbecue? This recipe is for you! In this recipe, you'll learn how to make homemade Amber Ale beer-infused BBQ sauce. I like to use Tin Roof Perfect Tin Amber Ale in this, from a local Baton Rouge brewery, but feel free to sub in your favorite beer. Shop Alfresco Grills
|SERVES 6||PREP 10 minutes||COOK 15 minutes||READY IN 25 minutes|
- 1 each yellow onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic paste
- 30 oz tomato purée
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup malt vinegar
- 1/2 cup espresso or strong dark coffee
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp ancho chili powder
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 oz Perfect Tin Amber Ale (or your favorite amber ale), room temperature
- Butter a sauce pan over medium heat, and add in minced yellow onion. Sautee until onion is caramelized.
- Stir in garlic paste, then pour in tomato purée.
- Stir in cocoa powder, brown sugar, ancho chili powder, ground cinnamon, and kosher salt.
- Add in espresso, malt vinegar, and black strap molasses.
- Using an immersion blender, mix everything together well in the sauce pan.
- After sauce is smooth consistency, pour in a can of your favorite amber ale.
- Simmer sauce on low heat for 5 minutes and it is ready to serve, or refrigerate for your next BBQ!
View on BBQGuys.com