Best Outdoor TVs for 2022
What to Look for in an Outdoor Television
Picture this: the sun’s beaming, the water’s fine, and your showstopper grub is a hit. Your phone buzzes one last time — your whole fantasy league is riding on this game, and it’s on in 15. That’s a sharp deadline to finish that last round of burgers, check on other guests, dry off, and huddle down with fresh beers and jerseys in the den. Do you really want to pry your party from the poolside?
Outdoor TVs have a simple response: don’t! Unlike regular indoor televisions, the best outdoor TVs have brighter screens and can easily handle high humidity, extreme temperatures, and saline environments without breaking a sweat. Many can cast your favorite music playlists, vacation highlights, YouTube clips, and more. Ready to get started? You’re in the right place: our experts have already curated the very best outdoor TVs based on their quality, performance, and features.
Quality — For starters, full exposure resistance is a must for any quality outdoor TV. Our experts look for durable builds built to sizes over 60 inches, full sun or partial shade visibility, and serious weatherization. Specialized hydrophobic treatment is a fast track onto this list.
Performance — When you're enjoying the action outside, what use is grainy picture? Our experts look for HDR capability on 4K Ultra HD screens -- the sharpest picture on the market today.
Features — How'd you like your TV to handle the heavy lifting for you? While not a deal-breaker, we do prioritize smart TV features that help you pull up your favorite streaming apps without figuring out how to work in (and protect) a separate digital receiver box.
Best Full Exposure Outdoor TVs
These top-rated outdoor TVs have it all: durable weatherproofing inside and out, along with screens calibrated for crystal-clear viewing in even the harshest sunlight. Full-exposure outdoor TVs don’t require any shade or covering, meaning you can place them virtually anywhere in your outdoor space. Just don’t go sticking them at the bottom of the pool, OK?
- Available in 43”–65” configurations to fit in any outdoor space
- Hydrophobic coating protects these TVs against the elements for years of use
- Super-bright LED screens provide a clear view even in direct sunlight
- HDR settings show off deep blacks and bright whites for the perfect picture
- Smart hub has your favorite streaming services for convenient outdoor viewing
- Sized between 50” and 85” to give you a variety of outdoor TV options
- IP55 rated and fully sealed to withstand all the elements
- Brightest LED screen in its class presents vivid colors even in full sunlight
- Proprietary heating & cooling system protect the delicate electronic components
- Anti-glare screen with five picture modes that range from full sun to nighttime viewing for the best picture
- Sized between 43” and 75” to give you a variety of outdoor TV options
- Treated with a hydrophobic coating that repels the worst outdoor elements
- LG IPS displays produce the best colors and viewing angles despite sunlight
- Wi-Fi and Alexa or Google Assistant compatibility for simple controls
- Communicates with other home LG equipment to always keep you connected
Best Under Cover/Shaded Outdoor TVs
When we say “under cover,” we’re just referring to shade requirements. Some of the top-rated outdoor TVs listed here are fully weatherproofed, but their displays aren’t quite bright enough to make images visible in full sunlight. Each model below will feature a note about its degree of weatherproofing, so look for one with enough protection to thrive in your outdoor space.
- Find the ideal model for your patio with TVs available in 43”–65” sizes
- Specialized hydrophobic treatment protects against minor water intrusion
- Super-bright LEDs will keep you glued to the tube in any level of sunlight
- Bluetooth, Alexa, and Google Assistant compatibility put you in command
- Comes with VESA 300x300 mounting patterns for quick and easy wall mounting
- Sizes range from 43” to 75” so you can find the perfect fit for the backyard
- Fully weatherproofed, IP65-rated design withstands weather, dust, and insects
- Cover-tuned LEDs are bright enough to present a vivid picture in shaded areas
- Weatherproof compartment lets you safely store streaming devices outdoors
- Soundbar is not included, but will be needed for audio output
- Available in 43”–75” configurations so you can choose the ideal size
- Durable aluminum casing weatherproofs and protects the TV from the elements
- Vibrant HDR support adds depth to the picture, making colors more brilliant
- 4K resolution provides an incredible, crystal-clear image even in the backyard
- Includes a weatherproofed remote and built-in, 20-watt speakers
*Prices and availability subject to change at any time
View on BBQGuys.com