Best Outdoor TVs for 2023
What to Look for in an Outdoor Television
Picture this: the sun’s beaming, the water’s fine, and your showstopper grub is a hit. Your phone buzzes one last time — your whole fantasy league is riding on this game, and it’s on in 15. That’s a sharp deadline to finish that last round of burgers, check on other guests, dry off, and huddle down with fresh beers and jerseys in the den. Do you really want to pry your party from the poolside?
Outdoor TVs have a simple response: don’t! Unlike regular indoor televisions, the best outdoor TVs have brighter screens and can easily handle high humidity, extreme temperatures, and saline environments without breaking a sweat. Many can cast your favorite music playlists, vacation highlights, YouTube clips, and more. Ready to get started? You’re in the right place: our experts have already curated the very best outdoor TVs based on their quality, performance, and features.
Quality - For starters, full exposure resistance is a must for any quality outdoor TV. Our experts look for durable builds built to sizes over 60 inches, full sun or partial shade visibility, and serious weatherization. Specialized hydrophobic treatment is a fast track onto this list.
Performance - When you're enjoying the action outside, what use is grainy picture? Our experts look for HDR capability on 4K Ultra HD screens -- the sharpest picture on the market today.
Features - How'd you like your TV to handle the heavy lifting for you? While not a deal-breaker, we do prioritize smart TV features that help you pull up your favorite streaming apps without figuring out how to work in (and protect) a separate digital receiver box.
Best Full Exposure Outdoor TV
These top-rated outdoor TVs have it all: durable weatherproofing inside and out, along with screens calibrated for crystal-clear viewing in even the harshest sunlight. Full-exposure outdoor TVs don’t require any shade or covering, meaning you can place them virtually anywhere in your outdoor space. Just don’t go sticking them at the bottom of the pool, OK?
Seura Full Sun Series 4K LED HDR Outdoor TV
What We Love:
- IP55 rated and fully sealed to withstand all the elements
- Brightest LED screen in its class presents vivid colors even in full sunlight
- Anti-glare screen with five picture modes that range from full sun to nighttime viewing for the best picture
Titan Nano75 Series 4K UHD Outdoor TV SunBriteTV Pro 2 Series LED HDR 4K Outdoor TV
Best Under Cover/Shaded Outdoor TV
When we say “under cover,” we’re just referring to shade requirements. Some of the top-rated outdoor TVs listed here are fully weatherproofed, but their displays aren’t quite bright enough to make images visible in full sunlight. Each model below will feature a note about its degree of weatherproofing, so look for one with enough protection to thrive in your outdoor space.
SunBriteTV Veranda 3 Series 4K UHD HDR Outdoor Full Shade Smart TV
What We Love:
- Engineered to withstand the elements with industrial-grade IP55-rated aluminum exterior & IP56-rated remote
- Ultra-bright picture is optimized for the outdoors and is IMAX Enhanced for brighter highlights & darker darks
- Smart TV lets you bring your entertainment to the patio with 700,000+ movies & shows across your favorite apps
Seura Shade Series 2 4K UHD HDR LED Outdoor TV Titan QN60 Series 4K LED Outdoor TV
Best Partial Sun Outdoor TV
The Partial Sun category is the perfect middle ground. Your space may only have the possibility of sun during the early mornings, or you may only watch your outdoor TV at night. It helps to understand what partial sun means. We are expecting approx. 1 hour or less of direct sunlight and a TV with sufficient display brightness to work during this time.
Peerless-AV Neptune Partial Sun Outdoor Smart TV
What We Love:
- Full UHD resolution provides exceptional quality from any viewing angle
- Smart TV brings your favorite content and apps to your outdoor space
- Includes NeptuneTM Outdoor-rated Tilting TV Wall Mount for secure installation
Titan UQ9000 Series 4K LED Outdoor TV SunBriteTV Signature 2 Series LED HDR 4K Outdoor TV
Best Weatherized Outdoor TV
Weather Resistance is one of the most important factors when buying an Outdoor rated TV for your backyard space. These outdoor TVs are fully weatherized with the best technologies that the industry offers. You can be confident that no water is getting into these TVs.
Titan Nano75 Series 4K UHD Outdoor TV
What We Love:
- Nanocoated to protect the TV inside and out from humidity or corrosion damage
- Smart TV and remote allow you to access your favorite streaming services with the power of your voice
- Built-in 20-watt downfiring speakers, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth capabilities
Best Outdoor TV Mount
Don’t forget the accessories! Everything installed outdoors needs to be prepared for harsh environments. That means that even your mounting solution needs to be weatherproof. A well-designed outdoor space will undoubtedly have a perfect wall corner or floor space by the pool that is just waiting for an Outdoor TV. We’ve chosen our best Outdoor TV mounting arms and stands below.
SunBriteTV Outdoor Dual Arm Articulating (Full Motion) Mount
What We Love:
- Constructed of durable steel & finished with an outdoor-rated coating to protect against the elements without rusting or scratching
- Smooth articulating motion allows you to easily position and angle the TV for the perfect view
- Extends up to 30 inches for added flexibility and easy access to behind the TV
Seura Outdoor TV Floor Stand Peerless-AV Neptune Outdoor Universal Tilt Wall Mount
View on BBQGuys.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.