Steak Diane from Christie Vanover
@bbqguys Steak Diane via @Girls Can Grill #fyp #recipe #steaktok #steaktiktok #steakdinner #bbqlife #grillingtime #recipeideas #grillingrecipes ♬ Chill Day - LAKEY INSPIRED
Steak Diane is one of the most velvety, rich steak dishes you can prepare. It uses quality ingredients and is ready in 20 minutes. This classic version was created by Christie Vanover of Girls Can Grill in a cast iron skillet right on top of the grill. It starts with a filet mignon steak that’s pounded thin and smothered in butter with a punch of umami and fresh herbs. The recipe also includes a quick side of sauteed asparagus and tomatoes to round out the meal.
|SERVES 2 steaks||PREP 10 mins||COOK 5 mins||READY IN 20 mins|
- 2 8-oz filet mignon steaks
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp coarse-ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- 2 tbsp brandy liqueur
- Pinch sea salt
- Items You’ll Need:
- Gas Grill
- Cutting board
- Heat Gloves
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Trim the steaks to remove any large pieces of fat or silverskin. Using a meat mallet, pound the steak, until it is 1/4 to 1/8-inch thick. Repeat with the second steak.
- Rub each flattened steak with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the cast iron skillet on a grill or outdoor burner over high heat. Add 3 tablespoons butter.
- Once the butter is melted, stir in 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Add one steak to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Flip the steak over; add 1 tablespoon fresh parsley and 2 teaspoons fresh chives. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add 1 tablespoon brandy. Using a long-handled lighter, carefully ignite the brandy. Cook for 30-60 more seconds, until the flame subsides.
- Place the steak on a plate and pour on the butter sauce. Garnish with a pinch of sea salt.
- Wipe out the pan and prepare the second steak using the remaining ingredients.
Preferred Doneness: If you like your steak rare to medium rare, cook it one minute per side. If you prefer it a little more well, add 30-60 seconds per side.
Quick Side: As an option, you can add several stalks of thin, fresh asparagus and a few halved cherry tomatoes to the pan after you remove the steak. Sauté for a few minutes in the butter, until tender. Serve alongside the steak and pour the butter on top.
View on BBQGuys.com