Vegan Grilled Burger (The Impossible Jacq) from Jacqueline Duffin
On the hunt for a vegan or vegetarian burger? This grilled vegan burger recipe from Jacqueline Duffin focuses on whole ingredients and delicious seasonings. It will keep every vegetarian guest at your BBQ happy and might even convince your meat-eating friends to try something different.
|SERVES 4 burgers||PREP 15 mins||COOK 10 mins||READY IN 25 mins|
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil - divided
- 1 can (15.5oz) dark kidney beans - cooked and drained
- ½ cup white onion – chopped and sauteed
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup rice – cooked and cooled
- 2 tbsp vegan Worcestershire (can be substituted with vegan-friendly bbq sauce)
- ¼ cup roasted cashews - pulverized
- 2 tsp BBQGuys x Spiceology Texas Rub
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Items You'll Need:
- Charcoal or Gas Grill
- Chef's Knife
- In food processor or blender add whole cashews, Texas rub, garlic salt and black pepper then pulverize until texture turns into sand like consistency. Chop ½ cup onion into even sized pieces. Add to fry pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil on medium heat and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Remove onions from heat and let cool.
- In large bowl, add cooked and drained kidney beans cooked, sauteed onions, breadcrumbs, cooked and cooled rice, vegan Worcestershire, cashew seasoning mix and one tablespoon of olive oil. Mix with hands until it resembles a patty-like consistency.
- Form 4 equal size patties, coat each with a drizzle of olive oil on each side and season with additional sprinkle of salt and black pepper.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees and cook each patty 2 minutes per side (these patties are already fully cooked; we are just grilling them to add a crispy exterior and char)
- Serve patties with favorite burger toppings and enjoy!
View on BBQGuys.com