Classic Smash Burgers on the Griddle from Brad Prose
It’s hard to deny yourself a Classic Smash Burger, especially when they are so simple to prepare on the griddle. Crispy edges, creamy sauce, and plenty of crunch from the veggies, every bite is an exciting explosion of flavors and textures. Read along for a simple and very flavorful recipe for double smash burgers from our friend Brad Prose.
|SERVES 4 burgers||PREP 10 mins||COOK 10 mins||READY IN 20 mins|
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef 80/20, formed into 3oz loose balls per patty
- 2 tablespoons BBQGuys x Spiceology Beef Rub
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tablespoon softened unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons burger sauce (recipe below)
- 8 slices of American cheese
- 4 slices of tomato
- Lettuce leaves for garnish
- For Burger Sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dill relish
- Items You'll Need:
- Burger Press
- Wax or Parchment Paper
- Make the burger sauce. Mix all ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat the griddle to medium-high heat. Butter the buns and toast them on the griddle for about 30 seconds or more, just until toasted.
- Season the top of each ball of beef with a little of the seasoning. Place the beef balls onto the griddle, seasoning side down. Add a little more seasoning to the top. Quickly place the wax paper on top of a beef ball and smash down with your burger press or spatula until it is quite flat. Repeat for each one.
- Flip the burgers when there is barely any pink left on the top, and it’s crispy on the bottom. You may need to scrape them, this is normal. As soon as you do, apply the cheese.
- After 15 seconds, stack the burgers and the cheese together, and then assemble on your bun. Spoon the burger sauce on the bottom, then the lettuce, tomato, and the double burgers. Cheers!
View on BBQGuys.com